“Few days back, one of my friends gave me a collection of some movies in a folder which was in a ZIP format. This ZIP file is working fine till yesterday. But from yesterday evening, ZIP file failed to open and I did not extract the contents from it. I think that the ZIP file is corrupt and it won’t open. I cannot ask my friend for the movie as he already deleted that file. Can anyone know how to fix a ZIP file that won’t open and extract the contents from it?”
Your ZIP file may get damaged or corrupted if any interruption occurs during downloading or transferring of ZIP file from system to any storage device.
While you are extracting file from ZIP file, if you abruptly terminate the process then your ZIP file may get corrupted and you won’t extract files from it.
There are various other reasons such as virus attack, changing file extension, CRC error which usually occurs due to damaged or broken ZIP file download, power failure while extracting the ZIP file, ZIP file header corruption due to errors during compression, downloading ZIP folder from any malicious site, use of improper third party tools to extract ZIP files, etc.
In all above-mentioned instances, your ZIP file may get corrupted and when you tried to open in WinZip, it will reject to extract the contents of it by showing some error. In such circumstances, user fear is how to fix a ZIP file that won’t open which holds vital info like video clips, images, documents, etc. Fortunately, in such situations, you can fix the corrupt ZIP file with the aid of reliable software like ZIP Repair Tool. For more details, you can visit this link: http://www.ziprepairtool.org
- Always keep backup of ZIP file before performing the repairing process.
- Avoid interruption while you are transferring or downloading ZIP file.
- Don’t use unreliable tool to extract the vital ZIP files.
- Use powerful antivirus program to prevent your system from virus infection.
- Before downloading any ZIP file, make sure that you have proper internet connection.
Features of ZIP Repair Tool:
- This software is capable of fixing ZIP file that fails to open due to any logical errors and extract the files from it on all major versions of Windows operating system such as Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2003, etc.
- The software has user-friendly interface using which a novice user can fix corrupt ZIP file in few mouse clicks.
- You can even fix password protected ZIP file.
- The software has a unique feature that is it is a read only utility which does not make the changes in the original files.
- It provides you a preview option to view the repaired ZIP file contents once the scanning process is over.
- The demo version of the software is available free of cost on the web to analyze the effectiveness of the software.
Steps to Fix ZIP Files that Won't Open:
Step 1: Download and install ZIP Repair Tool on your computer, and browse the corrupt ZIP file, and then click on "Repair" option.
Fig A: Main Window
Step 2: This tool will read all the internal structure of the corrupted ZIP file and show you all the repaired files.
Fig B: Folder View
Step 3: Now, a new window will appears which show you to "Select Folder" where you have to choose a desired location for storing your repaired ZIP file and then click on "Save" button to save the repaired ZIP file.
Fig C: Select Destination Location