Have you encountered an error saying "Error 0x80004005: Unspecified error" while trying to extract files from a Zipped folder? Although, tried to extract it using inbuilt WinZip repair tool as well but again continue to receive same error mesages. Usually, this error implies that the ZIP file which you are trying to unzip cannot be opened and doesn’t allow you to access the data from the ZIP archive. However, when you encounter such kind of errors, most of us prefer to download Zip file again or from a different source. But what will you do if the Zip file is still corrupt and unresponsive? In such dreadful situations, one can simply make use of Zip Repair Tool to fix unexpected error messages while extracting Zip file and recover the contents safely and securely.
Zip files are specially designed to compress one or more files into a single folder and drastically decrease its size and save space. Since, these files are used to transfer data across internet because they are easy to transfer with their small size and less prone to errors as compared to other file types. But at certain instances, Zip file may refuse to open and throws errors like "No files to extract", "Cannot open file ‘C:xyz.zip as an archive". However, one of the most common reasons behind corrupt ZIP file is transfer error while downloading ZIP files from the internet. In such unfortunate conditions, one can simply rely on Zip repair tool to quickly repair error while extracting Zip file without any difficulty. In addition, one can make use of this software to open partially downloaded Zip file within few seconds of its installation
Why error occurs while extracting a ZIP file?
- This can be one of the most haunted situations faced by every Zip file user. Moreover, these kind of Zip errors occur while extracting data due to severe virus or malware attacks
- There can be instances where ZIP file denies to open is due to sudden interruption like abrupt power surge or sudden system shutdown while downloading ZIP files from the internet. As a result of this ZIP file extraction error can occur due to which the file can get damaged
- At certain instances, whenever you make use of untrusted compression techniques can be another cause behind Zip file errors while extracting data.
- Most of the times, the operating system being used is not compatible with the Zip file. Unfortunately, if you are using older versions of Windows, you may not be able to unzip Zip file created on newer version of Windows operating system. As a result of this, you may encounter Zip archive errors while extracting file.
- Sometimes, the location of each file that is compressed separately in archive are stored in central directory located at end of Zip file. However, when the central directory of Zip file get corrupt making you unable to access contents present in Zip file
To get rid of the above described causes behind errors while extracting Zip archive file, one should importantly always make use of trusted network connections to avoid Zip file corruption issues. Always mandatorily maintain proper data backup and upgrade your antivirus program on monthly basis to avoid severe virus or malware attacks. But, unluckily could not able to preserve proper data backup and avoid Zip file corruption issues. At certain instances, it’s recommended to simply make use of Zip File Repair tool. This software can create a new healthy working Zip file by extracting the contents from the corrupt Zip file keeping the original file unaltered and hence making the process extremely safe and easy to use.
Free ZIP Repair Tool to Fix Errors While extracting a File
With the help of this software, it’s possible to repair large sized Zip file that contains large amount of data i.e. up to 4GB or more. The software has the ability of repairing encrypted & password-protected ZIP files. It has the potential to fix corrupt Zip files stored on any storage device such as hard drive, external hard drive, USB flash drive, Pen drive, SSD drive, etc. It scans corrupt Zip file then recovers content from it to ensure safety of original corrupt Zip file. Further, one can preview Zip files extracted from corrupted Zip file before saving them to desired storage location. This tool supports to fix multipart ZIP file on Windows operating system versions including Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP, 2003, 2000, etc.
Points to Remember:
- One should ensure trusted network connections before unpacking your Zip archive file
- Always maintain proper data backup from Zip file before facing any sort of corruption issues
- Make sure that you are using genuine antivirus software to avoid any sort of corruption issues
Steps to Fix Error While Extracting ZIP File:
Step 1: Download and install ZIP Repair Tool. Then select the ZIP file via "Browse" option and click "Repair" as shown in Fig 1.
Fig 1: Main Window
Step 2: Software performs deep scan of the ZIP archive and you can have the preview of recovered items as shown in Fig 2.
Fig 2: File View
Step 3: Press "Select Folder" to choose the destination where you want to store the repaired ZIP file and then click "Save".
Fig 3: Select Destination Path