Even though ZIP files are safe to store data and to be used as backup, they are more brittle due to their architecture. More often you will face problems like CRC error, problem in extracting the file, broken file where you cannot access the compressed data. Due to the action of viruses, error caused during transfer and many other scenarios leave your ZIP file damaged. However, by the use of suitable ZIP repair software, the contents of corrupted ZIP files can be recovered without any loss. There are several other freeware available in the internet to repair damaged ZIP archive, but the use of them may lead to further data loss.
ZIP Repair Tool is the most trusted tool that gives 100% guaranty to the safety of your ZIP archive files. The automated wizard based interface guides the user to easily carry out the repair process. This tool acquires very minimal space on your hard disk. It can be used to repair corrupted ZIP archives due to various reasons. This tool can fix ZIP files on Windows operating system with 32-bit and 64-bit architecture. This software supports major releases of Windows XP, Windows 7, or Vista platforms.
ZIP files are damaged due to the following reasons:
- Some of the physical reasons like exposure of the media to extreme temperature and magnetic field and some mechanical glitches damages disk sectors and damage the ZIP files.
- While transferring files from one computer to another if any problem occurs then ZIP file may break and you will lose access to the inner content of it. Interruption while downloading the ZIP file might also lead to the same problem.
- If the system is shut down suddenly or crashed while extracting the files from ZIP compressed archives, then extraction process can be interrupted in middle and this may damage the ZIP file. If the file is subjected to extreme compression then also the ZIP file gets damage.
- Some of the errors like CRC error or header corruption are the major causes for corruption. When the system is shut down abruptly the ZIP files will be in processing stage and hence lead to header corruption.
Above-mentioned scenarios will be avoided up to some extent by taking backup for your files regularly. Use only trustworthy tools to zip and unzip the files. Moreover, install powerful antivirus software on your computer. However, in worst case still if your ZIP file got corrupt then you should use ZIP Repair Tool in order to fix them. This repair utility is created by professional developers that is most recommended by industrial experts. If you have this tool with you, then ZIP file damage issues are not at all big deal for you. With the help of this software you can easily extract data from damaged Zip file.
Some of the features of this amazing tool are listed below:
- Easily extracts data from corrupt ZIP and ZIPX files.
- ZIP files of size 4GB and more can be fixed within few clicks.
- Repairs ZIP files on any of the media including external hard disk, memory card etc. through some easy steps.
- Once the repair process is done you can preview the content of the file.
- You can store the repaired ZIP archive in any of the destination folder.
- It can also be used to repair partially downloaded zip file with ease.
Steps to repair damaged ZIP archive:
Step 1: Download and install ZIP Repair Tool. Then select the ZIP file via "Browse" option and click "Repair" as shown in Fig 1.
Fig 1: Main Window
Step 2: Software performs deep scan of the ZIP archive and you can have the preview of recovered items as shown in Fig 2.
Fig 2: File View
Step 3: Press "Select Folder" to choose the destination where you want to store the repaired ZIP file and then click "Save".
Fig 3: Select Destination Path